Tuesday 8 February 2011

a leap in the dark

a leap in the dark






sparkle

illuminating

















signs


Skiing was so much fun, I really enjoyed spending the week off school in the mountains with my family. Having attended a skiing-course, I got to know quite a few lovely people who made our stay even more joyous and amusing. My parents were happy doing cross-country skiing and I certainly had some good times, laughing until my stomach ached and I was literally shedding tears.
In the first days, the view of the mountains and valleys was breathtaking thanks to the brilliant weather conditions, that is, having the shining sun within the blue sky. I lost myself several times by only standing at the peak of the mountain looking down onto the bright and colourful yet picturesque landscape.
Unfortunately, we couldn't quite enjoy the other days as much. The sky became cloudy and overcast and I could barely see where I was going due to all the fog, though the scene carried something very appealing, if not even beautiful. Still, I was always looking forward to going back to our house after having spent the day outside in the coldness of the mountains. What I appreciated the most was firstly the wood stove in our house which would never fail to warm me up, and secondly my wonderful cosy bed which embellished every single night by carrying me into calm sleep with sweet dreams. In the evenings, the darkness allowed us to encounter starry skies which, paired with the dead silence of the village, raised the feeling of utter peacefulness.
I was, however, more than glad to be back home again. Even though it was nice to have a break from the busy city life as to get my head cleared from any stress and worries, I started to miss all the noise and turmoil of our beloved Berlin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schönste, deine kamera ist definitiv der hammer!! <3<3, M